Lions Mane (Hericium erinaceus) also called bearded tooth mushroom, satyr’s beard is both a saprophytic (decomposing) and parasitic fungi found on decaying and living trees throughout the US and Canada. It has been used in Chinese Tonic medicine for centuries. Buddhist monks often would add Lion’s Mane to teas to enhance focus and concentration during their meditation practices. One of the most unique and beautiful of the fungi kingdom iseasily identified by the long white spines (fruiting bodies) resembling its namesake(s). It is used for both culinary and medicinal purposes.
May increase memory, learning, focus, and concentration: Daily use of Lions Mane may help brain function by increasing BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) a compound that improves overall brain health, mood, and memory.
Improves sense of well-being: Lion's Mane may help increase a sense of well-being by helping to regenerate brain cells of the hippocampus, a region of the brain responsible for processing memories and emotional responses.
Encourage nerve health:Studies have shown that daily use of Lions Mane which induces the nerve growth factor (NGF) may help repair nerve damage.
May reduce cognitive degeneration and decline:Lion's mane has been shown to reduce the damage caused by amyloid-beta plaques in the brain, which causes a decline in overall brain function.
May help control blood sugar:Daily use of Lions Mane may be beneficial for managing blood sugar by blocking the activity of the enzyme alpha-glucosidase which breaks down cards in the small intestine.
Peaceful and Protected: Reishi
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) or Lingzhi in Japanese has long since been revered as the "Queen Herb of Chinese Tonic Medicine/Herbalism". Its benefits and use go back as far as 2400 years ago, when it was first used by the herbalist Shen Nong from the Shu Dynasty. Its classified as a "superior tonic" of the highest order, meaning it can be taken regularly without any negative side effects. Earning its reputation as The Elixir of Immortality, it has over 400 highly beneficial compound'. Its no wonder that Reishis benefits are as vast and far reaching as its reputation.
1. Supports the immune system: Reishi is known as an adaptogen, meaning it helps keep the body in a balanced state by regulating when the immune system is not functioning properly ie. overworking (auto-immune disorders), or underworking (weak immune system).
2. Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Reishi has a calming effect that helps to soothe the spirit, and calm the mind. Monks and spiritual seekers have long sought out Reishi for its effects in aiding in calming the mind to enter a more deeper meditative state.
3. Improves Cardiovascular Health: Scientists are now looking to triterpenoids a compound found in Reishi, which is known for the ability to aid in lowering the "bad" levels of (LDL) cholesterol while increasing the "good or healthy" levels (HDL) as well as reducing hypertension and decreasing overall inflammation.
4.Powerful Antioxidant:Free radicals are unfortunately unavoidable in todays toxic society, the effects of free radicals range from acceleration of aging, and age related illness, to numerous cancers and other degenerative diseases. Reishi acts as a powerful scavenger of free radicals, neutralizing and eliminating their effects.
Super Antioxidant: Chaga
Chaga Mushroom(Inonotus obliquus) has long been hailed as the King of Medicinal Mushroom, it grows on birch trees in the temperate climate of the Earth's Northern Hemisphere. Chaga has been used by the indigenous people of ancient Russia and Siberia for over millennia. Chaga possesses huge amount of (SOD) superoxide dismutase, a super antioxidant that helps to cleanse the liver and restore healthy cell activity. As compared to other superfoods and mushrooms, Chaga has more (SOD) than barley grass, seaweed, and marine oils and at least 25 times more than its mushroom counterparts such as Reishi, and Agaricus. Research has proven that Chaga contains a plethora of beneficiary compounds such as polysaccharides, polyphenols, sterols, betulin/betulinic acid, melanin, and a host of trace minerals. When used in conjunction with our organic ginger and rose hips then delivered by our premium Canadian Sourced Organic Honey the blend is able to act as a "lock and key" to more readily be absorbed and used by the body.
1. Cognitive Enhancer: Chaga has the ability to not only lower oxidative stress on the brain during peak levels of tension and anxiety but also increase the levels of acetylcholine which is a key neurotransmitter that plays a role in memory, focus and attention.
2. Reduce Inflammation: Research has now shown that systemic inflammation is the cause of many (if not most) chronic diseases. The two primary bioactive compounds in Chaga, Inotodial and trametenolic acid are proven to combat inflammation by the activation of Cytokine proteins which help the body return from a state of stress (fight or flight response) to a state of homeostasis (balanced/rest and repair).
3. Balanced Blood Sugar: Chaga may help to lower blood sugar levels and raise insulin resistance. Both of these have been shown to help reduce the risk of diabetics, but also assist in weight loss.
4. Healthy Immune Function: Similar to its counterpart Reishi, Chaga is also a powerful adaptogen, which essentially means it acts in a bi-directional manner allowing to body to return to a state of homeostasis after a stressful event. With regards to the immune system, Chaga has potential anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
5. Reduces Stress: Chaga has the ability to nourish the body with essential minerals, vitamins (B2, D2) as well as over 200 other nutrient-dense compounds. All of these help alleviate stress, and fatigue and restore healthy adrenal function.
Total Immune Support: Reishi, Chaga, and Turkey Tail.
We are proud announce the release of our premium Wild Harvested Blend of Reishi, Chaga, and Turkey Tail we call The Trinity. These wonderful Fungi come together to form a unique and potent syrup, chalked full with amazing benefits. One of the superstar in the blend is the Turkey Tail mushroom(Trametes versicolor) which grows on fallen dead trees and tree stumps in North America. It has a host of benefits including potential anti-cancer effects, improves gut biome, immune system modulator, reduces inflammation, aids in digestion, and helps to calm the mind during times of stress.
1. Helps to support a Healthy Immune System: The blend of Medicinal Mushrooms in the Trinity blend are known as an adaptogens, meaning they help keep the body in a balanced state by regulating when the immune system is not functioning properly ie. overworking (auto-immune disorders), or underworking (weak immune system).
2.Reduces Stress: Chaga, Turkey Tail and Reishi all have the ability to nourish the body with essential minerals, vitamins (B2, D2) as well as over 200 other nutrient dense compounds. All of which help to alleviate stress, and fatigue and restore healthy adrenal function.
3. Reduce Inflammation: Research has now shown that systemic inflammation is the cause of many (if not most) chronic diseases. The two primary bioactive compounds in the mushroom blends we use in Trinity, Inotodial and trametenolic acid are proven to combat inflammation by the activation of Cytokine proteins which help the body return from a state of stress (fight or flight response) to a state of homeostasis (balanced/rest and repair).
BRAIN & NERVE CELL HEALTH
Lion's Mane Mushroom herbal supplement supports brain power and nerve cell health by boosting antioxidant activity in the body, helping tissues defend against damage-causing free radicals
MENTAL FOCUS & CLARITY
Why do people consider lion’s mane mushroom for mental focus and clarity support? Sometimes called the “smart mushroom," lion's mane is revered throughout China and Japan as both a culinary delicacy
LION’S MANE MUSHROOM
Lions Mane (Hericium erinaceus) also called bearded tooth mushroom, satyr’s beard is both a saprophytic (decomposing) and parasitic fungi found on decaying and living trees throughout the US and Canada