Chaga Mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) has long been hailed as the King of Medicinal Mushroom, it grows on birch trees in the temperate climate of the Earth's Northern Hemisphere. Chaga has been used by the indigenous people of ancient Russia and Siberia for millennia. Chaga possesses a huge amount of (SOD) superoxide dismutase, a super antioxidant that helps to cleanse the liver and restore healthy cell activity. As compared to other superfoods and mushrooms, Chaga has more (SOD) than barley grass, seaweed, and marine oils and at least 25 times more than its mushroom counterparts such as Reishi, and Agaricus. Research has proven that Chaga contains a plethora of beneficiary compounds, such as polysaccharides, polyphenols, sterols, betulin/betulinic acid, melanin, and a host of trace minerals. When used in conjunction with our organic ginger and rose hips then delivered by our premium Canadian Sourced Organic Honey the blend is able to act as a "lock and key" to more readily be absorbed and used by the body.
1. Cognitive Enhancer: Chaga has the ability to not only lower oxidative stress on the brain during peak levels of tension and anxiety but also increase the levels of acetylcholine, which is a key neurotransmitter that plays a role in memory, focus, and attention.
2. Reduce Inflammation: Research has now shown that systemic inflammation is the cause of many (if not most) chronic diseases. The two primary bioactive compounds in Chaga, Inotodial and trametenolic acid are proven to combat inflammation by the activation of Cytokine proteins which help the body return from a state of stress (fight or flight response) to a state of homeostasis (balanced/rest and repair).
3. Balanced Blood Sugar: Chaga may help to lower blood sugar levels and raise insulin resistance. Both of these have been shown to help reduce the risk of diabetics and also assist in weight loss.
4. Healthy Immune Function: Similar to its counterpart Reishi, Chaga is also a powerful adaptogen, which essentially means it acts in a bi-directional manner allowing to body to return to a state of homeostasis after a stressful event. With regards to the immune system, Chaga has potential anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties.
5. Reduces Stress: Chaga has the ability to nourish the body with essential minerals, vitamins (B2, D2) as well as over 200 other nutrient-dense compounds. All of these help alleviate stress and fatigue and restore healthy adrenal function.